How We Solve Volusia County Wildlife Problems
It starts with your phone call. We answer our phones 24/7, and we will carefully listen to your wildlife problem. Every case is different, so we will ask appropriate questions to help
us understand the situation better. Questions like, "do you hear the noises at night or during the daytime?" or "what type of roof do you have?" After we have a general idea of your
situation, we can provide a ballpark price range, and schedule a same-day or next-day appointment to inspect your property.
INSPECTION: Once on site, we will perform a full inspection of your home and property. This allows us to use the correct strategy and
traps. If the animals are in an attic, a full building inspection is crucial, including the following:
- All ground-level areas, such as piper or A/C line entry & exit areas, A/C chase bottoms, ground-level vents, etc.
- All mid-level areas, such as dryer vents, siding gaps, first floor eaves or dormers, etc.
- We inspect the entire roof, including all plumbing stacks, ridge caps, vents, and other potential gaps or holes.
- We also inspect inside your attic, to identify animals and damage they have caused.
- If the animals are outside, we notice many subtle clues that will assist us in a successful strategy.
TRAPPING, EXCLUSION, REMOVAL: Once we understand what animal species we are dealing with, and the problem, we use the most effective means of removing the animals. We use dozens of different types of traps.
- Trapping - If trapping the animal(s) in live cage traps, trap type, set, and location are crucial to success.
- Exclusion - Oftentimes, we are able to simply set one-way doors or other exclusion devices that allow the animals inside a building to safely exit, but never get back inside.
- Removal By Hand - Sometimes we actually remove animals by hand, or with special tools like snare poles.
- The Law - In all cases, we obey state and local laws regarding wildlife, but aim to take the most humane approach.
ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS: Repairs are a crucial step in the wildlife removal process. In many cases, such as bat or rodent control, the job cannot be performed without detailed repairs, and in
all cases, sealing the entry holes shut ensures that no future wildlife will ever enter your home.
- 100% of the entry holes must be found, and sealed shut, or the job is not complete.
- Our repairs are professional contractor grade, look good, and when applicable we use steel, which rodents such as rats or squirrels are unable to chew through.
- We give a written guarantee on our repairs against any future animal entry.
ATTIC DECONTAMINATION SERVICES: It may be desirable to clean your attic after we've removed the animals. They can leave behind large amounts of droppings,
urine, hair, oils, food, nesting material, and so on. These remnants can attract insects like cockroaches, and the scent left behind can encourage new animals to chew their way into your
house. You might experience odor problems from the waste. It's possible that mold will grow on waste areas.
- We remove or vacuum all droppings, or remove all the soiled insulation.
- We fog the attic with a special enzyme-based cleaner that destroys any organic matter and deodorizes the space.
- We repair damage, such as ductwork, electrical wires, pipes, insulation, and more.
The above are just a brief explanation of some of our methods. I haven't even addressed the hundreds of other potential cases that we deal with, from bat exclusions, to poison-free rodent control, to dead animal removal, bird roosting
prevention, mole trapping in a yard, ground-based exclusion barriers around a shed, etc. etc. Just give us a call any time, and we can describe in detail how we will resolve your specific wildlife problem.
We are a private wildlife removal business, serving all of Volusia County. We trap and remove critters like raccoon, possums, armadillos, and more. We specialize in the removal of animals from homes, such as rats and bats. Florida's hot and tropical climate
mixed with its swampy terrain
makes the perfect home for snakes!
Snakes are great at slithering into your
home undetected. This usually happens when people
leave doors open, and snakes are also attracted
to water sources when the Florida heat strikes!
If you are finding snakes on your property
or if you have trapped a snake give us call
immediately! We answer our phones 24/7 to
service all of your Volusia County wildlife
needs! We are licensed and trained in many
different trapping, removal, and prevention.
Our team proudly services the
Holly Hill, Lake Helen,
Oak Hill, Orange City,
Pierson, Ponce Inlet,
Ariel, Cassadaga, Maytown,
New Smyrna Beach
We also service the following counties:
Flagler County, Brevard County,
Orange County, Seminole County,
Lake County, Marion County,
and Putnam County.
Other Volusia County animal pest control topics:
How to Repair Wildlife Damage
What are an Opossum's Mating Habits
How to get Pigeons Out of Your Attic
Information About Groundhogs
To learn more about our services, visit the Volusia County wildlife control
This month's wildlife how-to article: How To Kill A Armadillo
How To Kill A Armadillo
Armadillos though known for their gentle nature but actually become bit nuisance as they get into the urban
areas. They start digging holes, make burrows under shade and dig the garbage as well in search of foods. So,
some might be looking for a permanent solution to this problem and this is achieved nothing but by killing them.
Several ways to kill an armadillo is explained here.
This is one of the best ways to get rid of this pesky pest easily. Poison for armadillo is available in many local
wildlife eradicate stores that should be sprinkled a bit in the yard or else pour small amount of this poison in the
holes of this animal. This is enough and it will do the job. But this is not sure how much this poisoning going to help
you as armadillo eat grubs, live worms that are available in the ground. But they do not eat anything available on the
Lethal trap is also a good option to kill the armadillos instantly. Many lethal body grip trap is available and connibear
120 is one of the most useful that should be placed near the burrow of this rodent and as they walk through the trap, they
will be trapped and dead immediately.
Looking for a sure way to kill the armadillos? Shooting is probably the best option for that, so take the trusty rifle and
shoot them to death. But this job is not that easy as you might be thinking because this animal sleep for around 20 hours a
day and come out at the night time. So, you need to wait for them to come out for shooting at night. Also, though they are not
very fast at running but they can flee and become very quick for self defense.
These are the main ways to kill an armadillo but I would not suggest killing this animal rather you can make use of live cage trap
to trap them and relocate far away from your property. This animal is not a permanent problem as they do not stay in one place for
longer time. So, it is better to remove them from the yard following other natural remedies. Also this creature is much neat than
any other rodents like squirrel and they have a long life to live, so they should not be killed inhumanely.